We are passionate about delivering the best hydrotherapy treatment available so each dog can enjoy their life to the full and continue to share those special moments with their owners. We get astonishing results and want to share these with you through our new and revolutionary training programmes.
ABC Awards repeatedly award K9HS direct claim status for our outstanding performance in delivering every aspect of the Level 3 Certificate, leading to consistent amazing results for our course candidates who go forward into practice and open their own centres.
From 2018 we offer you:
- A choice of two fast track courses, a NEW Super Fast Track course with an intensive 9 day practical training placement at K9HS, or a Fast Track two centred training placement of 5 days at K9HS, Suffolk and 5 days at Active Balance, Hinckley, Leics, one month apart
- Instructors who are leading veterinary physiotherapists with post graduate awards, specialising in small animal hydrotherapy, physiotherapy and rehabilitation and delivering high quality training
- Superb opportunities in our veterinary hydrotherapy clinics to experience a wide range of advanced treatment techniques delivered on the ABC Awards QLS NEW Level 4 Certificate and Level 5 Diploma in Canine Hydrotherapy
- One to one hands on training with Barbara Houlding, the first UK Accredited Clinical Educator in Veterinary Physiotherapy (awarded by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy). She designed, delivered and examined the canine component of the ACPAT Core Knowledge and Skills Course. Barbara trained physiotherapists for ten years at the Royal Veterinary College on all aspects of small animal therapy as part of the Masters of Science in Veterinary Physiotherapy. She was then Co-Course Director for the Nottingham Veterinary School’s Post Graduate Certificate (PgC) in Small Animal Rehabilitation for 4 years
- Free professional mentorship for 6 months after you achieve your award on a one to one basis with Barbara
- Free membership to the NEW K9HS Pro Forum for free CPD, live teaching, support and discussion
- An amazing NEW online Course Forum for both styles of L3 Certificate courses which are packed full of learning resources to build your knowledge, understanding and skills, enabling you to choose when and where you wish to study to fit around your work and home commitments
- Free Individual Assessment Days (IAD) demanded by the CHA and NARCH as part of their membership requirements are incorporated into our unique programme
- An additional free canine first aid certificate for our comprehensive first aid and health check component
- Optional extra clinical placement days offering further one to one skill development. This can be at K9HS or at one of our associated advanced hydrotherapy centres and is ideal for those new to this professional sector
- A registration process to make sure all your queries are answered. This is not an attendance only course and you need to complete the set assignments and submit these for marking and moderation, to meet the ABC Awards requirements and attain this award
2018 offers you a choice of fast track courses to achieve the Level 3 Certificate in hydrotherapy for small animals:
1. A Superfast Track course with a 9 day intensive practical training placement at K9HS
2. A Fast Track Two centred course with a 5 day training placement at K9HS and a second 5 day training placement at Active Balance in Hinckley, Leics, one month apart.
Both option 1 and 2 offer you an amazing online L3 Certificate Course Forum a month before your training placement/s and you have access to this until you achieve your goals and the award. Plus you are invited to have free access to our NEW K9HS Pro Forum providing you with free CPD, live teaching and lots of great resources. This empowers you to steer your online learning schedule at times to suit you and it is at your fingertips.
We recognise you have a preferred style and pace of learning, so we fit the programme to each person, whether you are new to canine hydrotherapy or an experienced therapist. We are delighted to be a part of your career journey and your success is our success.
K9HS ABC Awards L3 Certificate in hydrotherapy:
2017 Winter Fast Track 2 centred dates: FULL
Start date of access to online programme: Wed 8th Nov 2017
Placement 1 @ K9HS, Suffolk: Sat 25th – Wed 29th Nov 2017
Placement 2 @ Active Balance, Hinckley, Leics: Sat 27th – Wed 31st Jan 2018
Final submission date for assessment portfolio: Mon 5th March 2018
2018 Spring Superfast Track Continuous dates: FULL
Start date of access to online programme: Wed 24th Jan 2018
Training Placement @ K9HS, Suffolk: Sat 24th Feb- Sun 4th March 2018
Final submission date for assignments: Mon 12th March 2018
2018 Spring Fast Track 2 centred dates: Open
Start date of access to online programme: Wed 14th Feb 2018
Placement 1 @ K9HS, Suffolk: Sat 17th – Wed 21st March 2018
Placement 2 @ Active Balance, Hinckley, Leics: Sun 22nd – Thurs 26th April 2018
Final submission date for assignments: Mon 8th May 2018
Fast track Certificate pricing: Both Superfast Continuous and Fast Track 2 centred courses are £2700. A non refundable £500 deposit is required to secure your offer of a place following successful registration, with the balance of £2200 being paid prior to commencement of the course.
Step 1: Contact the K9HS Course Registrar for a Course Brochure and application form at:
Step 2: Complete the application form and return it for processing
Step 3: Telephone interview to ensure you understand all aspects of the course: delivery, assessment, your responsibilities and our role working with you to assist your professional development
Step 4: Following a successful interview you will be sent a letter of confirmation offering you a provisional place. Payment of the non refundable deposit secures your place and we send you the Course Handbook to prepare for your studies
Step 5: Payment of the balance is required two weeks prior to the online open date in 2017. You will then receive your username and password for the K9HS online forum so you can begin your studies with us